Florida Welcome Centers

By: VISIT FLORIDA staff

ADD TO FAVORITES
Planning a visit to Florida? Be sure to stop by one of the state's Welcome Centers for information, maps and a free glass of Florida citrus juice.

Since 1949, millions of auto travelers entering Florida along the major thoroughfares have found a warm greeting at the Official Florida Welcome Centers. In addition to the traditional cup of complimentary Florida citrus juice, these visitors have found friendly, informative staff people and a vast assortment of brochures promoting all that the state has to offer.

Today, that half-century-long tradition continues at the Official Florida Welcome Centers located on I-10 west of Pensacola, U.S. 231 near Campbellton (also near Marianna), I-75 at Jennings (near Lake City) and I-95 north of Yulee (near Jacksonville). A fifth center is located at the west entrance of the State Capitol Building in Tallahassee. Each center is staffed by personnel who have undergone rigorous training to receive national Information Specialist certification. Along with in-person information, Welcome Center visitors learn about the state’s diverse destinations.

In an effort to build on the success of our hospitality and demonstrate our desire to further welcome visitors traveling with small children, each of the four highway Welcome Centers has a designated area for visitors traveling with children. Some of he VISIT FLORIDA Kid's Corner offers a "play" area to educate and entertain the children while the parents get the travel information they need from the Welcome Center staff.

The Official Florida Welcome Centers also provide Official Florida Transportation Maps to all visitors.

Our highway Welcome Centers offer clean, well maintained restroom facilities and all are handicapped accessible. Vending machines and payphones are on-site. Designated areas in each parking lot accommodate large bus, RV and truck parking.

More By VISIT FLORIDA staff

Comments

You are signed in as:null
90 comments
Jane Stroman
Jane Stroman April 3, 2013 9:27 PM
I am looking for a set of car keys that I may have lost at the Florida Welcome Center on I 75 as you head South into Florida from Georgia. They would have been lost on Mar. 24th, 2013. They have a bright blue plastic band on them that has the name and phone number of the Honda dealership in Findlay, Ohio where I purchased the car. If anyone has seen these keys please call the dealership or call me 419 619 1189. Thank you.
walter glenn
walter glenn April 6, 2013 4:30 AM
do you still mail out welcome packets to people who are planning to vist
I would appreciate if you could send me information regarding the state of Florida. I am doing a reaseach paper on Florida. If possible could you mail me some information.
Mail to :Wilson Pool
1606 Fordham Ave.
Thousand Oaks, California
91360
I would appreciate if you could mail me some information regarding of the state of Florida, I am doing it for a research paper in school.
Mail to : Wilson Pool
1606 Fordham Ave.
Thousand Oaks, California
91360
How can I get an official Florida Highway Map. Trying to plan a visit.
emmett davidson
emmett davidson April 29, 2013 9:54 AM
planing a trip i want to know could you send me some great places to visit and hotels and food coupons my adress is 2501 64th BLVD Valley AL 36854
Dan Hattaway
Dan Hattaway May 8, 2013 1:00 PM
As a lifelong resident for Florida, I have had occasion to stop at the Welcome Stations at the Fl. line. What we've been giving these visitors is "OJ from CONCENTRATE".

This is a bitter tasting (may be from peelings or something else), and I've always thought we should show visitors what REAL, Fl OJ tastes like.

Florida Natural should contact the STATE to get them to use YOUR Not From Concentrate OJ and really get it COLD (about 33 degrees)!

I remember traveling to south Fl as a child and getting the OJ so cold I could hardly drink it.

Isn't THAT the type of LASTING impression WE want to leave travelers with. Natural, NOT FROM CONCENTRATE, so cold you can hardly drink it?

I plan to send the State this same message.

Dan Hattaway
13010 Hartung Ave.
Pensacola, Fl 32506

(850) 457-1928 Home
(850) 637-3920 Cell
Jenna Kalamaras
Jenna Kalamaras May 9, 2013 2:36 PM
Would you please send me information about the state of Florida for my school research.
Thank you very much! I will be eagerly waiting!
Mail to:
Jenna Kalamaras
1313 Airport Blvd
Morgantowm, WV 26505
Kathi Briscoe
Kathi Briscoe May 31, 2013 11:10 AM
We're planning a trip to Florida. Anyway you could send us places to visit, hotel and restaurant coupons, for central Florida? My address is 5444 Rosalie Dr., Newburgh, IN 47630. Thanks!
linda lowery
linda lowery June 25, 2013 11:32 AM
how can i get a jacksonville vistors guide i need one if you can mail me one my name linda lowery 155 spurlin mhp richmond ky 40475 we are wanting to do vac there .
Karl Uhrstrom
Karl Uhrstrom August 17, 2013 11:23 AM
Could you please mail me a road map of Florida? Will spend part of next winter there.
Thanks,
Karl Uhrstrom
55 Beverley Crescent
Belleville, Ontario K8P 4W8
Canada
Elizabeth Carroll
Elizabeth Carroll October 1, 2013 1:33 PM
Hello I am homeschooling my daughter and she is going to be learning about florida ..I was wondering if there was any way you guys could send my some literature about florida ....I know you probly get many requests like this ....but anything would help :)
I took a pic on the machice hey put the wrong e-mail
I would like to thank Marlene Smith at the I-95 north center for her exceptional help in taking me to get a trailer tire fixed. All the people at the center were very friendly and helpful in my time of need to get me going. Luck would have it that the blow out was right at the center entrance. Thank you again
how can I get a florida hwy map and info on hotels?Visiting in Feb.
is there a welcome center in St.Petersburg near the airport
Mallory LeBlanc
Mallory LeBlanc February 17, 2014 2:17 PM
Hi, My name is Mallory LeBlanc and I am a 4th grader at Troy Elementary School in Troy, NH. In class we are learning about the United States. We are responsible for researching a state and having a display of materials, maps, charts and products from the state of our choice. I have chosen Florida because I like all of the sights and history.

I was wondering if you would be able to send me any samples of items or any information that you have that I will be able to have on display for our State Expo on Monday, March 20, 2014. You can ship any items to my teacher at school and she will pass them on to me. The address is: Mrs. Arguin/attn: Mallory LeBlanc, Troy Elementary School, 44 School Street, Troy, NH 03465.
Thank you very much for your time and support with my project.
I am going to Florida for Spring Break this year and was wondering if you could ship out brochures on lodging and ground transportation in Miami and all of South Florida. This will be very useful to me when we travel there. My shipping address is:
Sean McGowan